Connecticut Genealogy Sources
1. Donald L. Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, 1922-1932, 3 volumes.
2. Charles Nelson Hickok, Hickok Genealogy: descendats of William Hickocks of Farmington, Connecticut, with ancestry of Charles Nelson Hickok, Tuttle Publ., Rutland, Vermont, 1938.
3. Charles Burr Todd, A General History of the Burr Family, Knickerbocker Pr., New York, 1902.
4. Joseph Savage, Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Originally published 1860.
5. Henry R. Styles, The history of ancient Windsor, 1891.
6. Barbour, Connecticut Vital Records.
7. Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: immigrants to New England 1620-1633, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, 1995, Three volumes.
8. Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston,.
9. William Cutter, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs relating to the families of the state of Massachusetts, 1910.
10. Susan Woodruff Abbott, Families of Early Milford, Connecticut, Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore, 1979.
11. Myrtle Stevens Hyde, "The English origin of William Phelps of Dorchester, Mass., and Windsor, Conn., with notes on his marriages," The American Genealogist, 65, 1990, 161-166.
12. "New Haven Vital Records."
13. Donald Lines Jacobus, History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield.
14. "Wallingford Vital Records."
15. Donald Lines Jacobus and Arthur Bliss Dayton, The Early Daytons and Descendants of Henry, Jr., New Haven Colony Historical Soc., 1858.
16. "North Haven Vital Records."
17. "Milford Vital Records."
18. Donald Lines Jacobus, The Bulkeley Genealogy: Rev. Peter Bulkeley, being an account of his career, his ancestry, the ancestry of his two wives, and his relatives in England and New England, together with a genealogy of his descendants through the seventh American generation, New Haven, Connecticut, 1933.
19. Philip Everett Crowther, "Crowther Family Home Page," FamilyTreeMaker.com, 18 Nov 2000.
20. John Brooks Threlfall, Fifty Great Migration Colonists to New England, Madison, Wisconsin, 1990.
21. Genealogies and Biographies of Ancient Wethersfield.
22. "Derby, CT, Vital Records."
23. Joyce S. Pendery, "Descendants of George and Margery Wathen of Salem, Massachusetts," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 154 (2000): 325-352.
24. Clifford L. Stott, "English background of George and Margery (Hayward) Wathen of Salem, and their nephew, William Sargent of Gloucester, Massachusetts," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg. 147 (1994): 67-78.
25. Lincoln, History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts, Town of Hingham, 1893.
26. Phillip G. Twitchell, Descendants of John and Sarah Twitchell of Derby, Connecticut 1699-1991, Gateway Press, Baltimore, 1992.
27. Samuel Orcutt & Ambrose Beardsley, The History of the Old Town of Derby, Connecticut, 1642-1880, with biographies and genealogies, Springfield, MA, 1880.
28. Clifford L. Stott, "The correct English origins of Nathaniel Dickinson and William Gull, settlers of Wethersfield and Hadley," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 152 (1998): 159-178.
29. Gifford Genealogy.
30. Albert A. Pomeroy, History and Genealogy of the Pomeroy Family, 1912, 1922, Two volumes.
31. Oliver S. Phelps & Andrew T. Servin, The Phelps Family of America, two volumes, 1899.
32. Henry Bond, Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, NEHGS, Boston, 1860.
33. Stephen M. Lawson, "Freeman Family Lines," http://kinnexions.com/smlawson/, Feb 1998.
34. Edward Hooker, The Descendants of Rev. Thomas Hooker, Hartford, Connecticut, 1586-1908, Rochester, NY, 1909.
35. "Plymouth Colony vital records," Mayflower Descendant, Transcribed by George Ernest Bowman, various volumes.
Transcribed form marriages appearing in the Court Orders, and from "Marriages, Births and Burials"
36. J. B. Loveland and George Loveland, Genealogy of the Loveland Family in the United States of America from 1635 to 1895 containing the descendants of Thomas Loveland of Wethersfield, now Glastonbury, Conn.
37. Glastonbury Vital Records.
38. "Loveland Family History Web Page," http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~djmurphy/loveland/index.htm, Jun 2000.
39. Vital Records of Colchester, CT.
40. L. M. Boltwood, Genealogies of Hadley Families, Metcalf & Co., Northampton, 1862.
41. "Middletown Vital Records."
42. William Richard Cutter, Genealogical and Family History of Central New York.
43. "Guilford Vital Records."
44. James W. Dayton, A Dayton Record, New Haven Colony Historical Society, 1960, (Based, in part, on the compilations of Charles Nathan Dayton (1843-1924). Copy in the Connecticut State Library.).
45. "Stratford Vital Records."
46. Ralph Stebbins Greenlee & Robert Lemuel Greenlee, The Stebbins Genealogy, 1904, two volumes.
47. Mrs. Edward Hitchcock, Sr., The Genealogy of the Hitchcock Family who are descendand from Matthias Hitchcock of East Haven, Conn., and Luck Hitchcock of Wethersfield, Conn., Amherst, Mass., 1894.
48. "Branford Vital Statistics."
49. George Frederick Tuttle, The Descendants of William and Elizabth Tuttle, Rutland, VT, 1883.
50. "Woodbury Vital Statistics."
51. Ethel Farrington Smith, "Seventeenth Century Hull, Massachusetts, and Her People," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg. 142-143 (1988-1989).
52. Twitchell Genealogy.
53. Edward E. Cornwall, "Family of William Cornwall," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 49 (1895):39-45.
54. Settlers of the Beekman Patent.
55. Vital Records of Hebron, CT.
56. Abram W. Foote, Foote Family comprising the genealogy and history of Nathaniel Foote of Wethersfield, Conn. and his descendants, Tuttle, Rutland, VT, 1907.
57. Cambridge Vital Records.
58. Charles Frederick Robinson, Weld Collections, Ann Arbor, 1938, with corrections and additions 1939, Printed by Nicholas Benton, 1979.
59. "Roxbury Vital Records."
60. E. B. Crane, The Rawson Family: a revised memoire of Edward Rawson, secretary of the Colony of Massachusetts Bay from 1650 to 1686; with genealogical notices of his descendants, including nine generations, Worcester, 1875.
61. Old Burying Ground [1722-1926], Marshall Phelps Road at Poquonock Avenue, Windsor, as reproted by John Bush from printed material found at Windsor Historical Society.
62. Alvord Genealogy.
63. "Waterbury Vital Statistics."
64. "Farmington Vital Statistics."
65. The Descendants of John Strong of Windsor, Ct.
66. "East Haven Vital Records."
67. Hull Vital Records.
68. Samuel Deane, History of Scituate, Massachusetts, from Its First Settlement to 1831.
69. Susan E. Roser, Mayflower Increasings, Genealogical Publ, Baltimore, 2nd ed. 1995.
70. "Scituate Births, marriages, and deaths," transcribed by George Ernest Bowman, Mayflower Descendant, various volumes.
71. Robert C. Anderson, "A note on the Gay-Borden families in early New England," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 130 (1976):35-39.
72. Gale Ion Harris, "George Chappell of Windsor, Wethersfield, and New London, Connecticut," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 150 (1996):48-73.
73. Myrtle Stevens Hyde, "Grace Martin, wife of Nathaniel Phelps," The American Genealogist, 58, 1982, 223-228.
74. Lysander Salmon Richards, History of Marshfield, Memorial Press, Plymouth, 1901.
75. "Research of J. Kelsey Jones."
76. James M. Crafts & William F. Crafts, The Crafts family: a genealogical and biographical history of teh descendants of Griffin and Alice Craft of Roxbury, Mass. 16301890, Northampton, 1893.
77. Gerald James Parsons, "The early parsons families of the Connecticut River valley," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 148, (1994), 215-238, 345-360.
78. Dorothy Chapman Sanders, Bristol, Rhode Island's Early Settlers, Hreitage Books, 1992.
79. Michael Rudy, "The colonial Post family of Saybrook and Hebron, Connecticut: Abraham^2 Post and his descendants," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 146 (1992): 211-229, 356-376; 147 (1993): 49-63.
80. David F Graves, "Descendants of Thomas Graves."
81. "Watertown Vital Records (CT)."
82. William Frederick Doolittle, The Doolittle Family in America, 1908.
83. "Litchfield Vital Records."
84. Stanley Newcomb Collins, Jr, "Joseph Collins of Eastham and three generations of his descendants," N.E.H.G.R, 151, 1997, 3-30.
85. "Eastham Mass., Vital Records," transcribed by George Ernest Bowman, Mayflower Descendant, various volumes, Also printed in Vital Records of the Towns of Eastham and Orleans, with index, edited by Leonard H Smith Jr & Norma H. Smith, 1976.
86. Vital Records of Scituate, Massachusetts to the Year 1850, NEHGS, Boston, 1909, two volumes.
87. Whitmore Genealogy.
88. Plymouth Vital Records.
89. William Johnson, Clarke-Clark Genealogy.
90. Mayflower Families in Progress: Richard Warren, Robert S. Wakefield & Janice A. Beebe, 4th edition, 1999.
91. New Milford Vital Records.
92. Records of the (Freehold) Presbyterian Church in Charlton, Saratoga County, NY, edited by Royden Woodward Vosburgh, New York City, 1921.
93. Mayflower Families in Progress: Edward Doty, Peter B. Hill, Publ. Gen. Soc. Mayflower Dec., 3rd Ed., 1996.
94. S. F. Tillman, Christopher Reynolds and his Descendants, Chevy Chase, Md., 1959.
95. James N. Arnold, Vital Record of Rhode Island 1636-1850, Narragansett Historical Publ. Co., Providence, 1893.
96. Oxford Vital Records.
97. Roger D. Joslyn, "The Descendants of John Stockbridge," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 133 and following, (1979).
98. Vital records of Marshfield, Massachusetts to the year 1850, Robert M. Sherman and Ruth Wilder Sherman, Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Rhode Island, 1970.
99. "The Vital Records of Marshfield, Mass.," edited by George Ernest Bowman, Mayflower Descendant, various volumes.
Marshfield Vital Records
100. Victor Grant Hillard Jr., "William Hillard of Duxbury, Massachusetts," Mayflower Descendant, 49 (2000): 95-115.
101. Personal Visit - Nettle Valley Cemetery, Potter Township, Yates County, NY, July 11, 1997
102. "Charleton Vital Records."
103. Personal visit to the Isaac Smith Cemetery, 10 July 2000.
104. Ebenezer Clapp, The Clapp Memorial; record of the Clapp family in America, containing sketches of the original six emigrants, and a genealogy of their descendants bearing the name, with a supplement, Boston, D. Clapp, 1876.
105. L. Vernon Briggs, History and Genealogy of the Briggs Family, 1254-1937, 1938, Three volumes.
106. Spring Grove Cemetery, Medina County, Ohio p 294.
107. Hannibal C. Ford, The descendants of William Foord, 1952.
108. Melvin "Chuck" Simons, Settling in Michigan: The Simons Family in Michigan, Privately published.
109. George C. Turner, "Records of the Second Church of Scituate, now the First Unitarian Church of Norwell, Mass.," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg.
110. "John W. Race's bible (Copy of original record) kept by Walter M. Race," Lewis W. Race, 559 McGraw #204, Seatlle, WA 98109.
111. Spring Grove Cemetery, Medina Township, Medina County, OH p 341.
112. "LDS Ancestral File," July, 1996, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
113. "Harden Family," Erwin Norton Race, Jr., Book.
114. Micheal Stamm email of 23 November 1998
115. "Gedcom file of Karen Segovic."
116. Peggy Zant, "Zant family (email)," 18 Jun 2001, firstname.lastname@example.org.
117. Newaygo County Sexton's Records.
Contents * Index * Surnames * Contact
Created 1 Oct 2001 by Reunion, from Leister Productions, Inc.